– Oh, by the way, Osric, Laertes has come home. Did you hear?
– Oh, what? Laertes has come home? No, I didn’t hear that Laertes had come home. I hear he’s pretty good at fencing.
– Pretty good? Why he’s impossible to beat! A French guy came through here recently and he could not shut up about how good at fencing Laertes is.
– How good is he?
– Why he’s so good, all the best fencers are lining up to get a chance to play with him.
– And he’s home now, did you say?
– He’s home.
– I bet that Hamlet wouldn’t want to challenge him.
– No – I mean, he’s so good. He would be hard to beat.
– You mean, Laertes. Who is at home.
– Yes, Laertes. Who’s just come home.